Research Associate III
Mapp Biopharmaceutical, Inc. "Mapp" is a San Diego based, innovative biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs through the development of life-saving monoclonal antibody treatment options to combat a variety of neglected and tropical infectious diseases. The Early Research and Development Group (ER&DG) and the Advanced Research and Development Group (AR&DG) at Mapp Biopharmaceutical is responsible for the execution of high quality Research and Development activities to ensure the achievement of robust portfolio with the CMC, Toxicology and Clinical development goals consistent with the product development objectives of Mapp. The Research Associate III is responsible for executing a variety protocols related to antibody discovery, as well as supporting ERDG laboratory personnel in meeting their research objectives.
- B.A. or B.S. in a scientific discipline
- 5 years of total experience in a research laboratory
- 3 years of hands-on experience in protein purification
- 3 years of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture
- 1 year of hands-on experience with high-throughput PCR (96- or 384-well plates)
- Demonstrated experience in reliably manipulating and managing samples for high-throughput (>96-well) PCR amplification
- Extensive experience purifying recombinant proteins using affinity resins
- Strong aseptic technique for cell-culture
- Molecular Biology skills (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, DNA purification and quantification)
- Maintains notebooks, databases, and physical banks of all pertinent contributions
- Ability to work independently and effectively troubleshoot experimental strategies in the laboratory
- Attention to detail, highly organized
- Good general laboratory skills: accurate data collection, analysis, and familiarity with molarity calculations and buffer formulation
- Conceptual understanding of biological research related activities
- Strong desire to learn new laboratory skills
- Proficiency with AKTA Pure systems and Unicorn software is highly desired
- Experience purifying antibodies from CHO cells
- Ability to reliably perform high-throughput/plate-based assays for RT-PCR, PCR, cloning, bacterial culture, mini-preps and sequencing
- Performs mammalian cell culture
- Performs antibody purification on an AKTA FPLC using Protein A columns
- Performs basic protein analysis assays (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Octet etc.) and troubleshooting
- Maintains detailed records of all experiments performed
- Maintains detailed inventory of all antibodies/proteins produced
- Performs general lab duties
- Generates reports and documents as requested
- Effectively presents and communicates work related results to supervisor and group
- Expected to work independently post-training
- Sets up and organizes lab space (set up lab equipment, lab benches, office furniture, manage waste)
Mapp offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to this exciting and challenging job. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and rewarding environment in San Diego, CA. Mapp wants you to join their team and invites you to apply.
No Solicitors, agents or placement agencies please. Mapp utilizes E-Verify.
Mapp is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Vets Employer - Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.