This position provides administrative and clerical support to the Animal Control program within the Code Administration Department and serves as a dispatcher for the Animal Control Officers.
Occasionally, incumbents experience highly stressful situations in the process of resolving problems of an immediate nature, such as facing irate citizens dissatisfied with information received, action taken or to be taken by a division or department, or denial of service for cause.
The incumbent will be required to attend occasional appeal hearings, evening advisory board meetings, and offsite staff meetings. Reliable transportation is required.
This position will be assigned one of the following 8-hour shifts:
Sun-Wed, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tue-Sat, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This position is represented in Local 11 – OPEIU (Office and Professional Employees International Union, AFL-CIO).
- 2 (two) years of experience, with limited task supervision, emphasizing or including intensive public contact, answering phones, resolving complaints, entering data with a high degree of accuracy, reviewing documents to determine accuracy and completeness, interpreting and explaining regulations, processing payments, customer service, and use of modern office technology.
- Ability to type at a rate of no less than 55 words per minute
Other combinations of education or experience, which would demonstrate the ability to perform the work, will be considered.
- Application Review – Incomplete applications will not pass the review; attaching a resume or referring to a resume does not substitute for a completed application. Candidates will be evaluated based on the content of their applications and those deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
- Cover Letter (Optional) – In addition to the Clark County application, applicants may submit a cover letter detailing their experience in the areas mentioned above. The document must be added at the same time the resume is uploaded. Please include the Recruitment Number in the file name (i.e., Cover Letter ROOxxx.doc).
- Practical Exam (Pass/Fail) – This recruitment may require a practical exam which will be job-related and may include, but not be limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
- Oral Interview – The interview will be job-related and may include, but not be limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 11.503 ($17.65 - $22.51) per hour
Close Date: 4/3/2020