Responsible for providing academic and vocational advising services to a specific segment of student-athletes in the department of athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with student-athletes regarding academic performance, class/major selection, developing a graduation plan, time management, goal setting, career planning, learning and study strategies, test taking, note taking and other skills necessary for academic success.
• Develop strong and professional working relationships with student-athletes to encourage the value of education and the development of self-reliance, self-confidence, empowerment, and intrinsic motivation.
• Maintain accurate and current student files for assigned athletes.
• Manage all working relationships including open and consistent contact with student-athletes, coaches, staff, administrators and faculty.
• Identify students with diverse learning styles and meet with them to develop an effective academic success plan.
• Assist with recruiting and new student-athlete summer orientation activities.
• Serve as the tutor coordinator, including processing hiring paperwork for tutors and overseeing tutor payroll.
• Represent athletic department on select campus committees.
• Complete other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant AD
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and ability to mentor these skills.
• Ability to work weekends and evening hours on occasion.
Education: A bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least two years of experience in college athletics (as a student-athlete or institutional staff) and experience with outreach events or other similar events/activities
Further consideration will be given to those applicants who possess:
• A Master’s Degree
• Effective time management and communication skills
• A working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Experience working with students with diverse learning styles
• Experience with student information systems
• Ability to demonstrate sound decision making and problem skills
Complete on-line application and upload the following as one document: cover letter, resume, and contact information for four work-related references.
To Apply go to: https://uwyo.taleo.net/careersection/00_ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=20000795&tz=GMT-06%3A00&tzname=America%2FDenver
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com