Title: Database Associate
Reports To: Data Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Location: Washington, DC
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
The Database Associate supports the Data Director in maintaining and managing LCV’s Salesforce database and ensuring the integrity of its data. This newly created position will take the lead in conducting fine-grained tasks to improve the functionality and intuitiveness of the database. This role will support a large Development department in their use of Salesforce and will work closely with the Data Director on multiple Salesforce integrations. The Database Associate will also work with other software systems used by the Membership and Online Engagement team including Blue State Digital, Phone2Action and Acoustic. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with the Salesforce database and is looking to take the next step to becoming a database administrator.
- Documents and maintains consistent procedures for data input to ensure accurate data.
- Create processes for training and onboarding new users to Salesforce.
- Develops strategies for monitoring and maintaining the completeness and accuracy of records.
- Performs routine data hygiene tasks, including updating contact record fields and managing duplicate accounts.
- Analyzes and pinpoints sources of data anomalies within Salesforce.
- Maintains and develops user interfaces such as custom fields, workflow and validation rules, and page layouts in Salesforce.
- Supports Data Director in a variety of advanced reporting tasks using Salesforce reports, SQL, and Tableau.
- Assists Data Director with the maintenance of third-party integrations with Salesforce including Blue State Digital, Silverpop and Phone2Action.
- Works with third party tools to maintain accurate demographic data that enhances LCV’s ongoing work on analyzing and expanding the racial diversity of the donor and activist base.
- Maintains users, profiles, and public groups in Salesforce.
- Optimizes functionality of databases by staying up-to-date on future improvements and by researching applications to identify possible areas of innovation.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required - 1-3 years of work experience in a database-oriented position. Experience with Salesforce. Preferred - Experience in a non-profit or political organization.
- Skills: Required - Strong database management skills. High level of proficiency in Excel. Attentive to details, and adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Ability to document and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; highly organized. Preferred - Ability to create fields, manage profile administration and familiarity with workflows and/or Process Builder. Experience with SQL, Tableau and/or Civis. Familiarity with Lightning.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Conditions: This position is based in Washington, DC.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Database Associate" in the subject line by April 20, 2020. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.