SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Manager, Sports Partnerships & Marketing is responsible for leading the development and execution of new, cross-platform opportunities in support of SiriusXM sports channels. The Manager will lead day-to-day relationships with external partners and will assist the Senior Director of Sports Partnerships & Marketing in the build out new promotions for sports content across multiple media channels including satellite radio, digital, mobile, email, print and television. This role will be responsible for developing strategies for targeted marketing campaigns, pitching potential partnerships to external brands, building relationships with internal departments, external partners and associated vendors, and executing and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing & partnership campaigns. The manager will be instrumental in ensuring that messaging is cohesive, contractual obligations are met, and rights management for all intellectual property is properly handled. The role demands a forward-thinking, and strategic-minded professional with superior relationship building and account management skills. This role will be tasked with developing and selling through new and unique marketing opportunities related to SiriusXM’s sports content that will shape the foundation of the company’s engagement and acquisition efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and manage day-to-day relationships with external partners including but not limited to sports leagues, teams and broadcast properties.
- Oversee the fulfillment of contractual obligations with SiriusXM sports partners.
- Evaluate new projects and assist in the development of new, cross-channel initiatives with the goal of maximizing the distribution, performance (engagement and consumption) and monetization of SiriusXM sports channels/content.
- Develop and execute strategies and marketing plans which leverage sports programming in order to drive tune-in (consumption), reduce churn, generate earned media and drive sales/trial of SiriusXM.
- Identify trends in the partnership & marketing landscape and utilize industry relationships to develop strategic and competitive opportunities that consistently promote SiriusXM sports content.
- Monitor existing media rights and assist in securing additional opportunities with sports rights holders.
- Work closely with Digital Experience, CRM, Digital Content, Brand, Creative Services, Ad Sales, Social, Promotion & Events and other members of the Marketing team to develop promotional opportunities and ensure cohesive and seamless launch of marketing plans.
- Drive brand positioning and value proposition of live sports content across onsite and offsite properties.
- Develop creative assets that support marketing plans and partner obligations as outlined. Submit creative requests and work with Creative Services dept to ensure brand and channel positioning is reinforced in all creative assets.
- Strong project management capabilities, particularly managing and coordinating resources across multiple functional areas
- Monitor and interpret data. Analyze customer response and effectiveness of all initiatives & campaigns; iterate on future planning based on promotion performance.
- Identify key insights and opportunities to increase efficiency and make recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinate meetings and ensure the necessary materials, facilities and equipment are prepared.
- Manage budgets associated with specific partnerships, including all payment matters and reporting with vendors, contractors and Accounts Payable department.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in media, and/or partnerships and/or content marketing roles.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sports industry
- Radio/television experience a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must be up to speed on news and current events related to various sports.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be organized.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Comfortable negotiating terms.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Create and deliver polished and compelling presentations to both prospective partners and internal teams
- Business writing ability with strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Photoshop a plus
- Adobe Omniture a plus
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.