Deputy Clerk I
$29,000 / year or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
Clerk of Circuit Court Office is seeking a responsible individual to perform responsible public service work in the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office recording deeds, deeds of trust, certificates and other various documents that are a permanent record of the office.
- Provide customer service to the public by responding to routine requests for information; greet and assist public in locating public records.
- Become deputized to administer oaths and conduct routine transactions on behalf or in lieu of the Clerk.
- Perform various functions such as typing, scanning to optical disc system, review documents for Virginia code specific requirements and ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Assist the public, attorneys, law enforcement and other individuals with office related requests.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in administrative work; some experience in public sector preferred.
- Some knowledge of the Circuit Court system and its operations.
- Knowledge of internet and software applications including Microsoft Office products; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with public, members of the legal profession, law enforcement agencies, and fellow workers.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and follow oral and written instructions; and, appropriately handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Click here for a complete job description. Accepting applications until position 11:59 EST on 6/5/2020.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 06/05/2020. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov