The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator with Database Development experience to join an excellent team, and work to advance their IT operations.
This position falls under the Classification Information Systems Specialist 7.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Database / Systems Administrator, you will provide expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of DBMS infrastructure.
In this role, you will have frequent contact with vendors to assess new technology and with contracted personnel to provide oversight, negotiate contract modifications, and analyze compliance with contract specifications.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Database Development and Administration. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience in Database Development and Administration. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Database Development and Administration. OR (d) A Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience on the Z/os platform working with JCL, TSO, batch processing and/or SDSF.
- Extensive knowledge of DB2 on Z/os.
- Expertise in DDL/DML/DCL queries, query tuning & optimization.
- Working knowledge of Rexx and other scripting langauges.
- Working knowledge with Change Management software administration.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring).
- Knowledge of SQL construction and optimization.
- Understanding for database connectivity to DB2 LUW.
- Knowledge of COBOL, JCL language, RACF and Omegamon.
- Experience with Business Objects, z/OS, Microsoft Access, Toad and Oracle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.