Are you looking to work in retail and for a company that makes a positive difference in your community!? Come join our Goodwill team at the North Canton Retail Store and help make Good Skills possible!
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Donor Door Attendant to join our team. The Donation Door Attendant will maintain positive donor relations through actions and friendliness. This person greets people who are donating goods, thanks them, and gives the donor tax receipts according to agency policies, procedures and practices. The Donor Door Attendant represents the agency in a positive way to the general public by his/her actions and friendliness.
- Keeps accurate donor count.
- Keeps surroundings of donor door neat and clean. Adheres to all safety practices, procedures and policies. Reports any malfunctions of equipment or building to store team leadership.
- Secures donor door at end of each day.
- May be responsible for processing quality donations quickly, which involves the sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and preparing of all materials for sale in the store.
- Notifies store team leadership of any large items donated that cannot be stored or moved safely.
- Handle all donations carefully and pre-sorts donated merchandise quickly into categories – textiles, shoes, purses, paper, wares, electrical and mechanical, books, miscellaneous that are in re-saleable condition.
- Tag gaylords and place in assigned areas, assist with movement of merchandise.
- Level off top of gaylords to ensure ability to stack safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service background in retail or food service is desirable.
- A background in manufacturing is helpful.
- Able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required. Occasional extra hours as donations and substituting demand.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of position including but not limited to: frequent standing, walking, stooping/bending/crouching/squatting, bilateral reaching, forward and floor to waist; frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
This is a full time, hourly position with offered benefits of: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, Disability and Paid Time Off.
Background checks will be performed.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.