Are you looking to work in retail and for a company that makes a positive difference in your community!? Come join our Goodwill team at the North Canton Store and help make Good Skills possible!
The Cashier represents the Agency to the general public by actions and friendliness and is in a key position to develop on-going positive customer relations. This person handles customer transactions, maintains store merchandise, and keeps accurate records.
- Itemizes purchases on point-of-sale system, handles cash and makes change, and implements agency programs i.e. Round Up, Good Points, etc.
- Utilizes personal computer software to input starting and ending cash amounts and maintain accurate customer records.
- Handles customer disputes, makes exchanges according to policy and assists customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists in stock rotation merchandise racks, shelves and other displays in a presentable manner.
- Assists store team leadership in the training of new personnel. Assists in maintaining a clean store; such as, cleaning shelves, dusting, vacuuming floors, cleaning windows and mirrors.
- Receives and processes quality donations quickly, which includes sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and prepares all materials for sale in the stores, meeting production goals.
- Assists in compliance with policies and procedures, as well as safety or security measures. Other duties as assigned.
- Strong mathematics skills Experience with operation of personal computers preferred. Know different shades and tones of color
- Know merchandise within a variety of categories: name brand, antiques, vintage, collectables to name a few.
- Ability to visually inspect clothing.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of position including but not limited to: constant standing, constant bilateral reach and handling ability; constant fingering and pinch grip; requires constant ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.; may require constant shoulder height reaching with either hand and firm grasp; frequent bending; may squat; requires frequent ability to push/pull less than 20 lbs.
This is a part time, hourly position.
Background checks will be performed.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.