Salary: DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
The James City Service Authority seeks career-minded individuals to assist, learn and perform work operating, maintaining, and repairing the JCSA’s Water Production Facilities including wells, storage units and booster stations and related mechanical equipment. This is a full-time position with career ladder advancements.
Water Production Apprentice - $28,823 / yr or higher DOQ
Water Production Specialist I - $30,992 / yr or higher DOQ
Water Production Specialist II - $33,324 / yr or higher DOQ
- Performs or learns daily inspections of well, pumping and disinfection facilities on assigned route; records various readings, pump run times and performance parameters.
- Performs or learns to test and monitor the operation of pumps and motors; starts and exercises generators; checks fluid levels; performs distribution system flushings.
- Performs or learns to operate, maintain, and repair facility mechanical equipment, diagnose operational and mechanical problems.
- Performs or learns to operate, monitor and record facility operational data including pressures, tank levels, flow rates, production and make necessary adjustments to meet water supply quantity and quality.
- Performs or learns to operate and maintain chemical feed equipment to include calculating chemical feed dosage rates for water treatment processes.
- (Water Production Specialist I) Assists in performance of corrective maintenance, repairs and modifications to facility equipment; assists in the operation, maintenance and the performance of preventive maintenance to facility equipment.
- (Water Production Specialist II) Operates and maintains facility equipment. Performs corrective maintenance, repairs and modifications to facility equipment; Initiates troubleshooting actions independently.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Must have the ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
- Required to fulfill all requirements of the JCSA’s Respiratory Protection Program
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use hand tools and basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair.
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until position is filled.
Accepting applications until positions are filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov