WRBL –TV in Columbus, Georgia /Nexstar Media Group is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented individual to manage the successful operation of WRBL’s technical and building facilities and provide support on the various needs of other departments. The Broadcast Engineer is part of a team responsible for the uninterrupted operation of all television, IT, and building management systems. A successful candidate must be a good multi-tasker with prior experience in television-broadcast as well as a working knowledge of IT systems and the advanced broadcast technologies of a television station.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and participating in the successful, sustained operation of all technology; including software systems, Television and TV Production systems, television transmitters, building and facilities, and all IT and network systems. This also includes the regular Phone System and Mobile Phones.
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on all broadcast, IT, and building facilities equipment.
- Help provide project & repair cost documentation when necessary to the Mgr.
- Help provide strategic planning and guidance towards organization goals; developing long-range plans for systems upgrades and implementation of new technologies.
- Participate in cross-training program for all Engineering & IT personnel.
- Be available on-call for emergencies for technical operations (IT, TV Production, and facilities) and for transmitter emergencies when necessary.
- Provide guidance and support with the development and implementation of all current and future projects, special, facilities rentals, and other new business initiatives.
- Stay current on state-of-the-art developments in IT, production, and broadcast technical areas and make recommendations to senior leadership when necessary.
- Provide Specific Engineering Signal Flow Diagrams for all work performed on technical systems.
Credentials and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the Broadcast Television and IT Technology Field.
- Degree in Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Must have extensive broadcast operations experience in television and IT operations.
- Working knowledge of television and digital studio broadcast and production systems including: video server technology, digital HD and SD signal routing and switching, digital SD and HD encoding technologies and techniques, television and radio automation and traffic systems and the interface of these systems, audio encoding, routing and storage, television editing systems, large disk-based video and audio storage systems and integration of the broadcast and production environment into an IT system.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with television transmission, microwave, and remote control systems.
- Knowledge of FCC license and reporting requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of state-of-the-art television studios and associated systems.
- Highly developed computer skills; experience with designing, installing and maintaining a windows based computer network system with at least 50 plus users.
- Effective understanding of Microsoft Office and Servers operating systems.
- Must work in collaborative manner and foster a team spirit.
- Ability to organize, prioritize & perform multiple assignments under pressure and within deadlines.
- Be able to work effective in a growing company, in a dynamic environment while ensuring that cross-departmental demands needs are fulfilled and expectations met.
- Great communication skills with a strong desire to provide outstanding customer service and interact effectively with all levels of the WRBL Team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to Walk, Sit & Stand for long periods of time, Lift & Carry 80 lbs, bend, squat, reach, stretch, climb up and down ladders, use fingers, hands and arms for extended periods of time in repetitive motions.
Full-time Employee Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k etc. after a respective waiting period
- Degree in Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science or related Job Field.
- Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science experience
- Television Technology Field: 3-5 years
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record.
How to Apply:
EOE M/F/D/V No Calls Please.
Candidates must consent to a Background and MVR Screening.
Qualified Candidates must use this Link to Apply & Attach your resume.
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account
Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Equipment Operations, Equipment Install-Maintain-Repair