Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Help saves lives every day with a phlebotomy & driving career at the American Red Cross. No experience needed!
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Phlebotomist/Driver, you’ll use your compassion and customer service skill to collect lifesaving blood donations from our volunteer donors and ensure they have the best experience possible. Your driving experience will assist us with transporting equipment and setting up at the collection sites. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization. To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Be detailed oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- To best meet the needs of our donors and community, Phlebotomist/Drivers work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist/Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight travel may be required
- A current, valid driver's license with good driving record is required. Experience driving larger vehicles preferred.
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
- Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions
- Basic computer skills are desirable
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights