SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position will be responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to insure that proper metadata is associated with content to drive Sirius XM’s world class streaming experience. The hire will manage multiple relationships with Talk and Sports Programming, as well as members of the Product organization. The role will also work to ensure Sirius XM’s On Demand content publication is managed efficiently and effectively.
This person will also become the primary backup for the Electronic Programming Grid scheduling system. Day-to-day troubleshooting, grid creation and a thorough understanding of the system’s internal workings will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the association of daily and evergreen metadata by multiple areas of Programming based on Best Practices guidelines.
- Both external, user facing metadata, as well as internal backend metadata.
- Review and provide ongoing feedback for metadata and the user experience driven by this metadata.
- Communicate and troubleshoot issues and questions on metadata with Programming and Product teams.
- Train new users on best practices and internal systems.
- Summarize improvements and areas of concern for management.
- Liaise with Product team to understand future changes to search & recommendation system.
- Provide recommendations to improvements in Best Practices guidance as well as overall workflow.
- Serve as primary backup for mission critical system.
- Understand deeper system functionality.
- Ability to quickly create necessary documents for urgent situations.
- Oversee day-to-day troubleshooting and communication with Broadcast Ops team.
- Ensure that scheduling has been entered correctly, especially for high-priority content.
- Aid in prioritization of changes during busy periods.
- Ensure that upcoming changes are in system far enough in advance.
- Train new users and provide ongoing support to insure best possible UX.
- Serve as primary backup for internal content-on-demand system.
- Set up new shows in system and troubleshoot any issues with current shows.
- Daily QA of app for metadata and functionality issues.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in metadata or content management systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Firm understanding of metadata systems and theories.
- Very detail oriented and able to adhere to moving deadlines.
- Ability to quickly master new computer software/programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot workflow issues.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel (ability to write formulas a plus).
- Experience with CMS.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.