INTERESTED in both a challenging and rewarding opportunity with the world's largest humanitarian network? Then the American Red Cross is where you want to work. By joining the American Red Cross, you can have a rewarding career as well as touch lives and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best.
Training people how to respond to and prepare for emergencies is a core mission of the American Red Cross. We offer a range of health and safety classes that teach new skills, keep our students knowledgeable, confident and ready to respond in ever emergency situation. Making a difference in the lives of others is what the American Red Cross does.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse with one years of experience in a long term care facility ls. This position is a P/T Position.
The Training Services Nurse Evaluator oversees skills and written state testing for nurse assistant candidates and is responsible for evaluating candidate competency in accordance with the state laws where state testing is conducted.
· Accurately evaluates nurse assistant candidate’s performance using the format prescribed by the state. Administers the State Nurse Assistant Training Competency Exam using Pearson Vue Nurse Aide Examination (NNAAP) if applicable.
· Maintains confidentiality, test security, and quality assurance according to the state testing program’s requirements.
· Completes and maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations, vendor contracts and the American Red Cross policies.
· Successfully manages operation of test site and maintains a cooperative working relationship with testing sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe testing environment for applicants.
· Responsible for efficient and effective use of all testing supplies, materials and equipment maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction. Submits supply requisition forms as needed to maintain testing supply inventory.
· Attend grievance committee meetings biweekly and perform committee duties. (California only)
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: Registered Nurse in the state(s) where evaluating occurs. BSN preferred.
Experience: Two years’ experience as a registered nurse with a minimum of one years’ experience working in a long term care facility.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must maintain a current active RN license without restriction or probation in the state(s) where evaluating occurs.
· Ability to represent the American Red Cross in a professional manner.
· Knowledge of federal and state requirements governing Certified Nurse Assistant training and testing.
· Professional written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of the state or vendor requirements related to documentation and report preparation.
· Proficiency in a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office.
· Superior organizational, planning and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently.
· Ability to travel to multiple testing site locations within a geographical area and work various hours (days, evenings and weekends).
· Bilingual (Spanish or other language) skill helpful. (California only)
· Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: For Chapter, NHQ and Training Services obs: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
This position is an exposure determination 1 in view of the fact that normal work involves potential exposure to blood or blood components and/or human body fluids or tissue samples as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks or performance of or assistance in first aid.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights