PeopleTec is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to provide support to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command / Army Strategic Forces Command in our Colorado Springs, CO location.
Under direct and general supervision, candidates perform cybersecurity services necessary to ensure the safety of information, systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Protecting and defending network availability; protecting data integrity
- Providing the ability to implement effective computer network defense
- Providing cost effective, timely and proactive Cybersecurity measures and controls
- May require familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures as well as firewall theory and configuration
- Will support agency specific Cybersecurity requirements related to qualified personnel with security clearances/background checks and security risk assessments, vulnerability management processes, Risk Management Framework (RMF) system reviews and plans
- Installation/configuration of cybersecurity systems
- Creation/modification of documents
- Defense of the environment including: hardware & software, the networks, and supporting infrastructure, as dictated by the nature of the information (classified/unclassified) and associated risk
- Develop, implement and/or integrate cybersecurity standards into information systems and system components including those for networking and computing in various enclave environments IAW Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements
- Identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Write authorization and accreditation (A&A) documentation and ensure the systems are operated and maintained in accordance with these security plans
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management for client systems and programs
- Interface with user community to understand their security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them
- Ensure that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security
- Conduct accurate evaluation of the level of security required
- Provide status reports to Security Administration Manager and program management
- Assist with security event monitoring, correlation, and daily event reporting within a tiered Security Operations Center
- Employ effective web, email, and telephonic communications to clearly manage security incident response procedures
- Travel:-/+ 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active U.S. Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related field is required.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in the DoDD 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level 2 and Information Assurance Manager (IAM) level 1
- 4+ years of experience working in a cybersecurity related field
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), GIAC Cyber Security Leadership (GSLC), or ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Experience with both Windows- and Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of federal security requirements and mandates (e.g., RMF, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), National Standards of Information Technology (NIST))
- Experience working on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation across multiple operating systems and applications
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly skilled workforce.
Culture: The name "PeopleTec" was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing-education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our "People First" benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
Benefits offered can be found here: Benefits PeopleTec. In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $64,000 to $124,000; however, PeopleTec considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and critical skills.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.