The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Health Systems Division (HSD) is seeking a Program Communications Analyst on the Compass Team, a program responsible for the development and support of Oregon’s Behavioral Health data systems. This position will focus on improving systems and data collection for OHA through enhanced communication, process improvements, and standardization in collaboration with external partner agencies and stakeholder groups.
What will you do?
- Identify OHA and community business process and organizational changes needed.
- Develop and implement communication strategies.
- Coordinate and participate in strategic planning sessions, legislative concept development, bill review/tracking and other initiative planning discussions.
- Bridge the communications gap between Information Technology (IT) development teams and business customers.
- Establish and maintain the coordination and tracking of Compass contract deliverables, amendments, and procurements.
- Lead and support user engagement (setup, configuration, modification, troubleshooting, and testing, etc.) for office tool automation (e.g., Microsoft Office, Teams, SharePoint, Project Portfolio Management).
- Lead and support the team through the adoption of technical tools.
- Develop documentation, manuals, and training; recommend operating policy and procedure, and effectively manage change to bring into effect system enhancements, new process workflows, and transition to new technology.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
- OR; A Bachelor's Degree in any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; AND four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities, and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable, and underrepresented populations.
- Experience with communicating and supporting organizational change (e.g. identifying needed change, communicating to all team/staff, implementing strategy, etc.).
- Experience communicating, coordinating, and facilitating work with distributed teams, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing and maintaining strong, positive partnerships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience managing contract deliverables process, including facilitating review cycles, tracking status, and documenting against acceptance criteria.
- Experience implementing and using electronic tools for reporting, deliverables management, work tracking, document sharing, communication, and/or workflow automation.
- Experience using business analyst and project management best practices, including Agile or hybrid approach.
- Proficient using and training users in the M365 Suite to include: Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Power Point, Outlook, and Teams.
- Demonstrates strong skills in the following areas:
- Written and oral communication, including presentation
- Research and analysis
- Prioritization and organization of work
- Responsiveness and problem-solving skills
- Customer service
Business Analysis-Research, Public Health Administration, General-Other: Medical-Health
How to apply:
Complete the online application at Oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-63978