Job Description SummaryAruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility, and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of computing, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
We are looking for a Network Engineer, Customer Advocacy, to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced network engineer who wants to be a part of a fast-paced and challenging environment. Our ideal candidate will provide escalation-level support for the deployment and maintenance of Aruba wireless and switch products. This position reports into the customer advocacy organization and requires a person with in-depth understanding of complex enterprise network deployment models and strong troubleshooting skills.
- You will be providing pre and post sales technical support to the sales teams, customers and partners for various technologies and solutions related to Aruba products.
- You will work on complex problems requiring in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting.
- You will formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems.
- You will simulate/reproduce customer issues in lab.
- You will contribute solutions to the Aruba Knowledgebase system.
- You will provide technical cross-training to relevant groups as needed.
- You will participate in serviceability enhancement requirement reviews.
- You will work effectively in a team environment including colleagues, QA and development engineers, and the Aruba field organization.
- You will occasionally travel to customer sites for troubleshooting, training purposes, business reviews.
- You will determine need to escalate & be able to interact with development & QA.
- You will interact with other teams to drive resolution of hardware/software deficiencies/bugs.
- Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training/certification.
- 3+ years of experience in configuring & troubleshooting data networks (Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, Arista).
- Must have knowledge of Linux, XML, Bash, Python, REST API.
- Knowledge of network automation & analysis tools like Ansible, StackStorm, Humio or equivalent is required.
- Must be comfortable working in a VMware environment.
- Datacenter experience switching required.
- Must have knowledge of routing & routing protocols e.g. OSPF, BGP, policy-based routing.
- Must have protocol level understanding of Switching technologies – VLAN, STP (all types), LACP, Virtual switching – Aruba VSX or Cisco VSS / VSP or equivalent, spine-leaf architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Expert level knowledge of IP networking, switching & routing.
- Must have packet level understanding of ARP, DHCP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, SNMP
- Must have good understanding of IP Multicast & Multicast routing protocols
- Must have working knowledge of 802.1x, Radius, TACACS+, firewalls, security policies, access lists.
- Must have knowledge & experience of analyzing packet captures & Protocol analysis