APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Nursing Supervisor to join our Baldwin Hills team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
· Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
· Long Term Disability
· Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· 10 Paid Holidays
· 3 Personal Days
· 10 Vacation Days
· 12 Sick Days
· Metro reimbursement or free parking
· Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Nursing Supervisor (90016)
Under the supervision of the Nursing Director, the Nursing Supervisor will provide culturally competent medical, services to low-income adult individuals in Los Angeles County, with a specific focus on the LGBT community and other underserved communities. Provides leadership to medical assistants, HIV/STD counselors, phlebotomist, and other non-administrative staff as hired.
The Nursing Supervisor will assure quality and cost-effective care for clinic patients, and will manage a patient’s course of treatment, and coordinate care with providers and other clinical support staff to ensure quality patient outcomes are achieved within established time frames with efficient utilization of resources. In addition, the Nursing Supervisor will work closely with the Nursing Director to design, implement and monitor workflow processes at the designated APLA Health & Wellness Clinic (APLAHW). This position plays a significant part in the implementation of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide clinical support to medical providers before and after adult primary care visits so as to ensure the timely delivery of quality medical care.
· Interface with other non-administrative staff to ensure patients receive specialty referrals in a timely manner and are able to follow through so as not to interrupt patient care.
· Treat patients diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in a timely manner and according to APLAHW clinical STI treatment guidelines.
· Administer vaccines to adult patients per APLAHW clinical guidelines.
· Provide and appropriately document health education to patients.
· Participate in quality improvement activities as directed by the medical director.
· Triage adult patients who walk in to clinic or call with acute medical concerns.
· Assist front office staff in making appropriate arrangements for patients who arrive late for appointments or for whom an appointment needs to be rescheduled, by reviewing the medical record and determining how soon and where the patient should be seen.
· Provide oversight, guidance, and provides leadership to LVN, medical assistants, phlebotomist, and other non-administrative staff as hired.
· Will perform yearly performance evaluations on supervisees.
· Will develop staff trainings/in-services for clinical staff
· Works in collaboration with the Nursing Director to ensure on-going trainings and educational needs of clinical staff are met.
· Maintain adequate medical supplies and medications for clinical areas by monitoring supplies and ordering supplies as needed. Ensure that exam rooms are fully stocked and prepared for patient care.
· Ensures cost effective ordering of supplies.
· Will provide chronic disease management (CDM) for patients that are referred by providers and develop appropriate care plan.
· Will delegate to LVN appropriate CDM referrals
· Works in collaboration with the Nursing Director to ensure compliance with OSHA, local, state and federal regulations.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
A valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. Clinical experience as a registered nurse in an ambulatory health care clinic, preferably at a federally qualified health center (FQHC). Experience working in patient-centered care teams preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Must have problem solving and organizational skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals. Experience in chronic disease management, case management, utilization management and quality improvement projects are preferred. Experience in an HIV medical practice is preferred.
Knowledge and experience working with electronic health records, eClinicalWorks preferred.
Ability to provide services in a non-judgmental fashion and work effectively with diverse populations is required as is the ability to maintain records and follow clinical guidelines/protocols. Must be able to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy; work and solve problems independently; work flexible hours in order to complete tasks and meet client needs. Ability to be flexible in handling unanticipated client needs is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/ female/ disability/ veteran.
Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=47711&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806