***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
1. Supports the implementation of the product strategy for a designated portfolio of blood products/services supporting multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring that effective business strategies and goals (revenue, cost, availability) are met.
2. Leads the translation of the strategy to operationalize each product in collaboration with multiple functions and other partners, with focus on process and program innovation. Coordinates plans and activities across recruitment, collections, supply chain, sales and other areas and partners to achieve product and organizational goals.
3. Develops and implements plans to execute strategy, improving the position, performance, and economics of a product/service area. Defines roll-out plans, creating proper project alignments (implemented nationally/regionally/locally), and ensures that implementation milestones/goals are met and adheres to approved budgets. Provides cross-functional support and coordinates implementation actions organization-wide to ensure effective decision-making.
4. Monitors operational execution post-implementation and manages sustainability of the overall strategy for a product area or line of service.
5. Identifies and tracks external research data supporting internal marketing and/or donor research initiatives.
6. Designs, develops and implements customer and/or product research studies, including polls, tracking surveys, and interviews for obtaining data to support the development and improvement of the organization's product strategy. Analyzes and translates data and insights into product strategies. May manage external vendors supporting research projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience required. Experience in a dynamic, multi-tasking operational environment with project management experience preferred. Experience conducting research studies, including survey development and management, and translating data and insights into strategies preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to work on a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Demonstrated proficiency in project management, to include managing project budgets. Demonstrated proficiency conducting research studies and translating data and insights into strategies. Strong leadership skills with an ability to accomplish goals through delegation and teamwork. Familiarity with current medical/technical principles of blood services, processes and operations highly desirable. General business acumen and collaborative innovation competence. Advanced problem-solving skills.
Travel: May involve travel.
*Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights