Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. Since 2008, KIND has accepted over 23,000 referrals of children seeking legal representation in their immigration proceedings. KIND has welcomed more than 41,000 attendees to trainings since its founding, cultivating partnerships with over 670 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
KIND’s social services program ensures that migrant and refugee children – who have often endured trauma – receive counseling, educational support, medical care and other comprehensive services.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America and strengthen protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
KIND seeks a Talent Coordinator to support the HR talent team through the performance of a variety of logistical and administrative HR work in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, talent management, and DEI initiatives. The Talent Coordinator will assist managers with recruitment administration and training related inquiries, complementing the talent acquisition and talent management branch of the talent team.
Working closely with the Talent & Development Manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist, the Talent Coordinator helps to enhance and advance KIND’s workplace culture through the implementation of DEI initiatives related to the coordination of DEI meetings and attracting, hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated team player, critical thinker, with excellent writing and communications skills, willing learner, multi-tasker able to time manage effectively with our team.
This position is remote and can be based in any location where KIND has a field office.
- Assists in the execution of organization wide HR initiatives and programs in the areas of DEI.
- In collaboration with the talent team, helps strengthen employee engagement through DEI action planning.
- Schedules DEI committee meetings, takes notes and helps catalogue committee resources to enable organizational DEI strategic plan.
- Serves as backup DEI point-of-contact for staff on diversity, equity, and inclusion matters.
Talent Management Administration
- Provides weekly updates to TalentLMS platform for newly hired and departed employees.
- Ensures all employees have correct assignments in TalentLMS.
- Responds to troubleshooting questions from employees and managers related to TalentLMS & ADP performance modules (e.g., course or performance review access concerns, lost passwords, etc.).
- Uploads material onto platform in collaboration with Talent & Development Manager.
- Assists with pulling metrics related to course completion, pass rates, interaction rates with content, and other learning analysis data.
- Schedules live trainings for staff throughout the year, takes attendance.
- Pulls reports in ADP’s performance management module to provide completion data related to annual reviews and goal setting processes.
- Responds to hiring manager and candidate email inquiries and requests.
- Organizes and maintains recruitment files for employees, temporary staff, interns, and fellows; helps to collect, track and maintain recruitment files including interview feedback forms, reference checks, hiring test, etc.
- Assists in creating and maintaining internal reports.
- In collaboration with Talent & Development Manager, assists in development and facilitation of onboarding program; helps create program materials and drafts staff communications.
- Supports the recruitment selection process by collaborating with hiring managers.
- Posts job vacancies externally; helps research areas of expansion and growth opportunities.
- Assists in presenting shortlist to hiring managers and scheduling initial phone screenings, as needed.
- Produces initial draft of offer letters for candidates, to be reviewed by Talent Acquisition Specialist & Director, Human Resources.
- Maintains database of job descriptions, interview scorecards, offer letter templates and recruitment guides.
- Coordinates and schedules interviews with hiring team in a timely manner.
- Facilitates reference checks via SkillSurvey system pre-offer and background checks via ADP system post-offer.
- Follows up with potential applicants and assists in tracking of employee referrals.
- Assists in management of Applicant Tracking System (ClearCompany); provides access to hiring managers and creates system accounts, as necessary.
- Assists in coordinating hiring of temporary employment, internships and volunteers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience in human resources, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong cross cultural and interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Proven experience working with diverse or historically underserved communities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment with a keen orientation for details, and work both independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Excellent discretion and ability to handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Applicant tracking and HR information systems, preferably Clear Company, ADP and/or similar systems.
Please be advised that an employment application will need to be submitted along with your resume and cover letter, in order to be considered for the desired role.
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly through our website with this link: https://supportkind.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1653599&cust_sort1=100304&&jbsrc=1025