Position: Assistant Principal of Operations
Reports to: Principal
Location: STRIVE Prep - Kepner
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 based on years of experience
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) will co-create a shared vision and lead the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the instructional team to focus on teaching and learning. This individual serves as the key liaison between the operations, finance, human resources, data, and external affairs teams at STRIVE Prep’s Central Office.
- Utilize effective project management skills which includes, but is not limited to: identifying key milestones, designing backwards plans, getting investment from all necessary stakeholders, driving project completion through effective execution.
- Collaborate and manage with leadership team to implement standardized test administration and serve as the Site Assessment Leader.
- Required to provide onsite in person support during all standardized test administration through the school year.
- Create and manage school-wide master schedule. This includes development of the schedule in anticipation of the following school year and management of all alternative schedules (in the event of half days, teacher absences, etc.).
- Support with student recruitment and enrollment.
Systems and Processes:
- Develop, implement and manage systems and procedures for arrival, lunch, and dismissal that are safe and efficient and ensure adequate staff supervision.
- Create, implement, and manage school’s emergency response processes, including evacuations, shelter in place scenarios, and lockdown/active shooter situations.
- Manage school budget ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to meet instructional needs, minimize waste, and protect excess funds.
- Partner with DPS Facilities to oversee school’s physical condition.
- Coordinate with the Principal and other administrators to ensure campus vision is being executed and operations systems are being adhered to.
- Ensure school-wide compliance with Emergency Response Crisis Management, health and safety laws, charter contracts, and state education mandates
- Schedule and provide logistical support for family/teacher conferences and Family Council. Assist with logistics and preparations for other school events and activities as needed.
- Provide tier 1 support for student computers, staff laptops, classroom AV systems and escalate incidents to the Central IT team for resolution.
- Manage tracking systems for staff PTO and leave requests.
- Ensure students are safe and maximize learning time by upholding school-wide behavioral expectations and supporting larger student discipline issues, as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful and welcoming school environment.
- Lead campus administrative team to set campus vision and identify areas of operational project ownership and campus priorities as well as oversee the ongoing operations of the school.
- Collaborate with Principal to design and implement excellent professional development.
- Supervise the Office Manager and other campus based operations staff.
- Manage external relationships with shared campus partners (including nursing services, food services, transportation, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor's degree (strongly preferred)
- 2-3 years of previous operational leadership experience (preferred)
- 2-3 years of previous experience in education (preferred)
- If the opening is located at any of the following STRIVE Prep campuses: Kepner, Montbello, Green Valley Ranch, or Federal this position will utilize theCOMPASS: Valor's Social-Emotional Approach.
- Competitive Compensation and benefits including paying 100% of individual benefits.
- STRIVE Prep 5 Year Club: After 5 years of continual employment, all employees are eligible for your choice of 3 weeks paid Sabbatical or a payout.
- Our typical annual salary increase of 4% is one of the highest in the Denver education community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.