Job Title: Stair Builder
Hours: Full-time Position 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, occasional overtime and/or weekend hours will be required based on operational needs
Location: Garner NC
Summary: Summit Stairs & Millwork Inc. is hiring Stair Builders responsible for assembling stairs and millwork products. This position reports directly to the Production/Shipping Manager.
Salary/Benefits: Starting $16/hour, commensurate with education and work experience
- Constructs standard as well as open stairs or components for stairs
- Safely operate saw, circular, jig, reciprocating and compound miter saws, planers and pneumatic equipment to build custom stair cases.
- Organize stairs & millwork supplies.
- Maintains work area, by keeping it neat, organized and in compliance with safety standards.
- May perform other special projects & shop/warehouse duties assigned by production supervisor.
- Ability to measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment to meet daily production goals.
- Ability to work in dusty & noisy environment when operating machines and tools.
- Must be able to:
- Lift 50 pounds from ground level to standing position, 20 pounds above head.
- Pull 20 pounds from a standing position, from various levels, including above head.
- Pull 20 pounds from a kneeling position, from various level, including above head.
- Stand and/or walk for an 8-10-hour shift.
- Frequently bend and stoop during an 8-10-hour shift.
- Entry-level position requiring background in physical labor type work.
- Experience using multiple types of woodworking equipment preferred.