***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. It does this through services that are consistent with its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The American Red Cross is the foremost volunteer emergency service organization in the United States with more than 590 chapters nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Business Operations Coordinator to work in our Detroit, Michigan (West Outer Drive) location.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Administrative Officer, the Business Operations Coordinator provides transactional support for the finance, operational and administrative functions of the Region, including budget monitoring, daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, facilities management, fleet management, HR, IT, and records/reports. Is the lead system user/trainer for software business applications. Provides operations backup support for the Region in the absence of the COO/CAO.
1. Financial Administrative Support: Provides administrative budget support including expense coding; financial report dissemination, initiating, monitoring and approving regional procurement transactions, Collaborates with department leaders to ensure that programs are executed within budget. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions. Supports department directors with analytics for monthly forecasting of expenses.
2. Lead System User/Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Utilizes appropriate systems and trains staff in their use. Troubleshoots phone and computer issues for Region. Reviews and assists with tech services requests.
3. Facilities/Asset Management Support: Ensures repairs are completed within budget and appropriate system is used to pay vendors. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors supporting each physical location. Obtains proposals for potential new vendors. Provides information/data needed for developing Business Plans for real estate transactions. Is liaison with other sectors for shared facilities/assets . Updates risk management system with current values/status as appropriate.
4. Fleet Management Support: Maintains fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Files and maintains insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.
5. Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Maintains insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
6. Reports/Data Information: Provides guidance and data for grant reporting. Prepares various internal reports. Responds to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation. Acts as Region point of contact for FOCIS information.
7. Operations SOPs: Develops, maintains and distributes a regional SOP Manual. Provides training to ensure consistent processes/procedures related to operations functions throughout the Region.
8. Volunteer Coordination: May coordinate and train volunteers to assist with less complex daily transactional work such as data input, clerical support, etc.
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ financial or facilities administrative support experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
Other: Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
Travel: Travel is required throughout the Region. Some out-of-region travel may also be required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights