***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States with a preference to work East Coast hours for early morning meetings with offshore teams.
The American Red Cross seeks an experienced and creative Senior Full Stack .NET Developer to join our Fundraising & Marketing Technology Group (FMTG) in supporting applications that help to deliver ARC’s mission to “prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.” We accomplish this primarily through public-facing applications at RedCross.org and Redcrossblood.org, an internal gift management platform, and several other business systems tied into a corporate intranet called The Exchange.
• Design, develop, test, and maintain a variety of web applications, services, databases and data integrations for the gift management platform.
• Analyze user specifications and requirements that reflect business program needs, and subsequently deliver high-quality software solutions.
• Collaborate with architects, product owners and functional leads in areas such as Security, Business Intelligence, and Data Governance.
• Iterate and improve on testing (Unit Tests and Automated Testing).
• Create and modify technical specifications and end user documentation
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server development
• Experience with a public cloud provider, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with modern software design patterns such as Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Domain-Driven Design (DDD), SOLID principles, microservices, serverless and other cloud-native solutions
• Experience in CI/CD DevOps tools (Azure DevOps/Jenkins/GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket)
• Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as NUnit
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals or higher
• Experience in high-complexity projects with cross-team dependencies
• Exposure to automation testing frameworks such as Selenium or Robot Framework
• Experience with both .NET Core and .NET Framework technology stacks
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights