The purpose of the Job Coach is to provide employment-related job coaching and follow-up services to individuals with severe disabilities and to interact with key stakeholders to support the individual’s specific needs.
- Provide job coaching and follow-up services to individuals with severe disabilities at their employment locations, including individual meetings during the individual’s free time (lunch, before/after work hours), phone contact and other correspondence.
- Work with the individual’s employer/supervisor to provide assistance in job orientation, training, and follow-up.
- Demonstrates and provides support for proper completion of tasks.
- Implements appropriate job aids to employee for proper completion of tasks
- Demonstrates empathy and concern in client interactions, where appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between the program and business/industry to assigned employers.
- Follows prescribed rules and safety procedures at all employer locations.
- Communicate with the Program supervisor regarding client progress/issues.
- Meets with program staff, and other Agency stakeholders, to accommodate a wide range of client needs.
- Maintains detailed records pertaining to client program and employer development.
- Completes monthly progress reports and client staffing in conjunction with other professional staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or 4 years of equivalent work experience in the health services field.
- One or more years of experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Flexible schedule that allows for evening or weekend hours to support client needs.
- As this position requires site visits to locations which may or may not be accessible by public transportation, must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable access to a reliable vehicle to travel in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance.
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application
Customer Training, General-Other: Training-Instruction, Other, Special Education