Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. KIND has accepted the referrals of over 20,000 children who require high quality representation in their immigration proceedings by welcoming 41,000 attendees at trainings for attorneys, other legal staff, and community partners as well as cultivating partnerships with over 600 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America and strengthen protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
KIND seeks in close coordination with the Director, Talent and Culture and Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for acquiring talent, building a strong candidate pipeline, building a powerful employer brand and managing, designing, and implementing the overall recruitment strategy with equity and inclusion in mind. The Talent Acquisition Specialist defines and executes sourcing strategies necessary to build a qualified and diverse candidate pool for each position.
This position is 100% remote.
- Lead full recruitment lifecycle to include sourcing candidates through active and passive means, evaluating candidate resumes for submission consideration to the hiring team, managing the interview process (from pre-screen calls to coordinating candidate interview schedules, to gathering hiring team feedback), and participating in the decision-making process.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and act as the point-of-contact for internal users.
- Collaborate with hiring managers on a regular basis and proactively identify hiring needs of the organization and align these goals with the hiring strategy.
- Utilize all sourcing strategies including, sourcing potential candidates by using databases, social media, job fairs, college recruitment events, etc., to build a strong talent pipeline and to identify candidates, both active and passive.
- Conduct initial assessment of applicant qualifications by screening resumes.
- Organize and conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule.
- Coach and train hiring managers to ensure recruitment processes and activities are consistent across KIND and reflect adherence to industry best practices, current legislation and overall KIND values.
- Act as a point-of-contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process to keep candidates engaged throughout the hiring process.
- Develop and drive the interview process to ensure effective timeline by hiring team.
- Create and manage a talent pool and promote and administer the Employee Referral Program to existing KIND staff.
- Streamline and ensure process and data accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide well-documented weekly recruiting reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in business, communication or another relevant field.
- At least 3 years of full cycle recruiting experience, including talent sourcing and attracting candidates for interviews preferred. Experience in behavioral interviewing and nonprofit or legal environment required.
- Must have an entrepreneurial approach and ability to manage a high-volume of requisitions.
- Strong technical skills and experience using HR databases, ATS and Candidate Management Systems (CMS), preferably Clear Company, ADP and/or similar systems.
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference checking, etc.).
- Familiarity with employment laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Customer-centric mindset with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work within a remote work environment and with a dispersed workforce.
Applications should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/join-the-team/ with resume and cover letter.
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.