***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
Are you looking to make a difference in the job you do? If so, we invite you to join us at the American Red Cross! Headquartered in Farmington, CT, we provide blood to hospitals across the entire state. We collect over 140,000 units of blood annually and the need grows!
The American Red Cross in Farmington, CT is seeking a Full Time RN - For our Farmington Team
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
NEW GRADUATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
This is an Entry Level RN position with entry level pay and opportunities for growth!!!
• Set up and perform procedures according to protocol: machine set up; proper Quality Control and maintenance of equipment; Health History knowledge; and venipuncture
• Prepare for distribution, any product obtained during Apheresis including centrifugation technique, labeling and storage procedures, distribution requirement as to time and condition
• Initiating and maintenance of all donor records accurately including understanding of pertinent laboratory data and statistics, recording of donor data into current donor records, maintenance of QC reports
• Acting charge duties when necessary
• Maintains on-going communication and knowledge in dealing with blood bank personnel with ordering of Pheresis products
• Performs other duties as may be assigned, including canteen activities
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• Currently licensed as an R.N. by the State of Connecticut
• Minimum of one year of clinical (hospital experience)-recent critical care and venipuncture experience preferred
• Flexible in time and task requirement
• Works effectively and consistently while under stress
• Maintains effective communication skills
• Consistently performs in a competent, courteous and professional manner
The American Red Cross Connecticut Blood Region is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development; team spirit; a competitive salary; and a comprehensive benefits package.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, apply online: http://www.redcross.org/careers
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights