***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
The work location for this opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States with a preference for working east coast times to support team and clients.
The American Red Cross seeks a creative and energetic Principal Test Engineer to join our Fundraising & Marketing Technology Group (FMTG) in supporting applications that help to deliver the American Red Cross mission to “prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.” The successful candidate will work as part of an IT Test Engineering team in close collaboration with business stakeholders, IT Delivery, and the Development and Operations team to implement, maintain, and enhance enterprise Fundraising and Marketing web platforms including RedCross.org, Redcrossblood.org, an internal gift management platform, as well as several other business systems tied into a corporate intranet called The Exchange.
Candidates for this role will have recent significant experience as a test engineer in an Agile IT environment developing both manual and automated test strategies for eCommerce and content-based applications for both desktop and mobile devices.
• Develop, implement, maintain and enhance test plans, test scripts and test methodologies to ensure compliance with system specifications.
• Work closely with software developers and product owners to review and understand functional requirements in order to develop manual and automated test strategies that will rigorously test product functionality as part of an Agile Scrum team.
• Develop, maintain and execute tests for functional, integration, and load testing for responsible areas.
• Develop, maintain and execute automated tests within sprint releases. These tests will be added to the automated regression suite to be run as part of the builds.
• Investigate all potential product test failures and test any code changes to fix them.
• Provide regular status reporting of test progress.
• Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Embrace and contribute to best practices and continuous improvements approach to development.
• Evaluate and implement new tools and frameworks for QA as needed.
• Coordinate and collaborate with outside vendors and third-party consultants and lead testing efforts as needed for projects.
• Participate in regular release and maintenance testing of the production and test systems during system down times which can occur during and after business hours.
• Mentor and provide training and guidance to other staff.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
• 7+ years of IT experience with at least 4 years of functional/regression/integration testing, test plan and test case design, maintenance and execution experience.
• 2+ years of experience writing test automation scripts
• Core Competencies: Effective Communicator, Problem Solver, Innovative Thinker, Action Oriented, Collaborative, Ability to Adapt to Change
• Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
• Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies
• Knowledge and hands on experience using testing tools for requirement traceability, test cases, test execution and defect management. Experience with JIRA and Zephyr a plus.
• Experience with Browser Testing required.
• Experience testing with Mobile applications and devices required.
• Experience in writing test automation scripts required.
• Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies required.
• Experience with Robot Framework automation tool is preferred.
• Experience testing Web Content-based applications, and/or eCommerce applications/credit card processing systems strongly preferred
• Experience with Adobe Experience Manager is a plus
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights