Team Supervisor – Lutheran Fixed Site
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Benefits
1. Staff oversight and support to ensure blood drive compliance with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines for all products collected.
2. Provide oversight and coaching for all aspects of blood and/or apheresis collection operations (fixed site and/or mobile) to ensure an efficient and effective process. Support activities to recruit/re-sign donors and other process improvement initiatives.
3. Supervise staff including hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success. Monitor individual and group performance to improve overall team effectiveness. Perform administrative functions to provide documentation and ensure donor/recipient safety and to monitor staff competency. Complete Annual Competency Assessment as needed for staff and charge. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
4. Meet or exceed donor, sponsor and other customer’s service expectations. Seeks and uses customer feedback to improve services. Provide on-call support to the field for troubleshooting and other situations needing support.
5. Ensure effective internal and external communication between all department levels and functions to foster teamwork and enhance operational success.
6. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadlines. Ensure documentation of training/communication for team is accurate and timely. May perform or serve as a trainer for all blood collection procedures.
7. Perform other related duties as necessary.
Responsible for supervision of team of line staff. Perform, assess and provide training for blood collection activities as needed. Ensure team focus on customers. May operate ARC vehicles in compliance with regulations. Must balance production, customer service and compliance daily, ensuring integrity of operation.
Education: Bachelor's degree, RN / LPN or equivalent combination of education and related experience required with current state licensure as required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience, including customer service.
Management Experience: Minimum 1-year management experience.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to work on a team. Excellent verbal communication and public relations skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or applicable software applications required.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
Travel: May be required to travel. A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., squatting, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
At the American Red Cross, we conduct many mobile blood drives at businesses, schools and many other locations. All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves pushing carts up to 250 lbs., setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights