Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Full-Time, $15.50/hour plus Benefits
Monday – Friday Schedule 7 am – 4:30 pm
We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented person to coordinate the products used in the collection of lifesaving blood products.
As a Blood Collections Materials Coordinator, you will:
- Provide support to the collections operation by acquiring, distributing and maintaining supplies and equipment used in the day-to-day blood collections operation.
- Be responsible for the delivery and return of materials to internal and external customers.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and bodily fluids.
Blood Collection Materials Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Acquire, distribute and maintain supplies and equipment used in blood collection or warehousing operations.
- Manage equipment and supplies (including boxes, labels and canteen supplies.
- Maintain and perform quality control of equipment and supplies, rotate inventory and ensure that supplies are stored and distributed in compliance with quality control standards.
- Take inventory and order supplies from warehouse, maintaining collections’ supply and equipment area. Fill order requisitions from mobile and fixed sites.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels and orders supplies as needed.
- Prepare kits in accordance with established directives.
- May clean and repack containers with supplies, solutions and equipment for bloodmobiles.
- Drive blood collection vehicles to load and unload required supplies and equipment where applicable and as needed.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Collections Materials Coordinator describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A current valid drivers’ license and good driving record required
- Ability to carry moderate weight is required; inventory control experience is preferred.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Must be able to lift or move up to 75 pounds of weight; reach, bend, kneel, climb, push and pull; work in tight spaces. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and work with a variety of chemicals and solvents.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights