The Assistant eCommerce Fulfillment Manager is a cross-functional position trained in multiple areas of the operation, including inbound processing, order fulfillment, order packaging, and customer returns processing. The primary responsibility for this role will be the safe, secure, and accurate fulfillment of online customer orders.
We will cross train this leader in a variety of processes within the operation and they will be trained to perform several activities including the inbound receipt and replenishment of unit and case inventory, picking orders via a manual pick sheet, and configuring, packing, and prepping customer parcels for shipment. Secondary activities and work assignments will include online order return inspection and credit, online order return salvage, inventory control, and parcel order load and shipment.
We are seeking an experienced leader with a discerning eye and a history of motivating others to greatness. If this sounds like you, we look forward to sharing further details about the opportunity and getting to know you!
What We Offer:
We provide an engaging and welcoming environment, health, vision & dental benefits, and room for advancement within our growing company. Additionally, we provide a 20% Employee Discount, 401k, and Paid Time Off!
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Order Fulfillment
- Efficiently pick customer orders or shipments via manual pick sheet to ensure that the correct number of units and type of product is picked and prepped appropriately for shipment within a high-volume pick/pack environment.
- Package product into bags, boxes, or totes per customer specifications.
- Read and disseminate information on the product specifications and packaging requirements.
- Gift Manufacturing
- Coordinate with production manager to schedule gift basket builds.
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Oversee a workforce of 1,000+ employees in the manufacturing department
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Inbound Receipt
- Efficiently unload, segregate, count and prep supplier and warehouse transfer inventory for compliance checks, customer defined pre-receipt checks, and systemic workstation receipt.
- Research receipt single-unit item and multiple-unit item cases via the Warehouse Management System to ensure accurate unit item counts, product descriptions, product families and UPCs are captured and entered inventory prior to placing into sortation.
- Physically and systemically build a put-away cart consisting of single item, multi-item, and specialized case inventory, such as high value and perishable items, and perform transactions to locate each item to a forward pick location.
- Quality Control
- Process case and unit level inventory in adherence to stated customer Quality Compliance programs and requirements to include checking for correct case size, case information, and product type and unit match per advance shipment notice (ASN), and log action items per vendor and customer compliance programs.
- Process case and unit level inventory in adherence to stated customer Quality Assurance programs and requirements to include checking, logging, solving for and updating customer service / sales teams on errant shipments and inventory.
- Process case and unit level inventory in adherence to stated warehouse and customer conflict resolution programs and guidelines.
- Inventory Control
- Accurately count and process inventory by location, unit count, size, barcode, and product type during inventory reconciliation and inbound receiving activities.
- Understand and utilize system screens to monitor and move workload through the system.
- Verify proper item is in the original packaging in preparation for fulfillment.
- Assist in physical inventories and manage the accurate counting and reconciliation of customer unit and case inventory.
- Returns Processing
- Accurately distinguish inventory to pick inventory for a customer order or issue a customer credit during the returns and inspection process.
- Process returns, inspecting the items for wear and determining proper disposition. Conduct a quality inspection and, if determined to be a sellable unit, repackage, label, and enter back into inventory. If the item(s) are not in sellable condition, prepare the product for destruction. Requires a thorough understanding of health and hygiene standards.
- Identify items that require special processing or separation (e.g., hazardous material, store services, research, salvage). Ensure that scanned freight reaches the appropriate destination (e.g., slot, destroy, salvage).
- Material Handling
- Load, unload, move, stock, stage, and transport product to shipping locations utilizing non-powered material handling equipment.
- Trained in the special handling requirements of specific product categories (i.e., Perishable food).
- General Warehouse
- Generate and utilize system reports and audit sheets to evaluate the shift progress.
- Document quality checks and enter the system.
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly, and safe work area always.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or customer in a highly automated pick/pack environment.
You are familiar with:
- Supervisory principles.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
- Principles and best practices in the areas of budgeting, procurement, project management, preventative maintenance, quality assurance and data integrity.
- Supervising staff under your purview.
- Managing complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations.
- Managing contracts.
- Designing and developing program plans in assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Possess Strong Leadership Skills.
- Work with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Skilled at mediating conflict.
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory software.
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals.