Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full time Medical Technologist to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing to serve our local hospital clients.
This position will work on our 3rd shift
As a Medical Technologist at the Red Cross you will perform basic and advanced donor and patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility.
Primary job responsibilities may include:
• Resolving compatibility problems
• Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services
• Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood samples
• Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and equipment problems
• Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
• Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex serologic problems and providing special units to transfusion recipients
• Assuming lead responsibilities such as record review and training; assisting in concern management
• Technologist II/III: BS in Biological Science or Chemistry with ASCP (MT/MLS/CLS or BB) and 3-5 years blood bank experience or ASCP MLT with 5-10 years blood bank experience.
• Must be available for daytime training during first 6-9 months on the job. After training
What’s in it for you.
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based
organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our
comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement,
getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing
possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Paid Family Leave:12 weeks paid at 80%
• Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
• Save for your Future: 401K with 4% Match
• Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights