Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Warehouse Supply Supervisor for the American Red Cross!
Schedule: This position will work Monday through Friday, day shift hours. Will be required to provide support to staff on evenings and weekends, if issues arise.
Supervises the receipt and storage of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items in a storeroom or warehouse. Ensures that items are appropriately marked or tagged for identification purposes. Supervises employees who fill orders or requisitions for materials, and keep records of items issued and received. Responsible for the daily administration and operation of the warehouse.
1. Oversee that materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures.
2. Ensure all warehouse functions are performed in accordance with all applicable regulatory policies and/or procedures and in a timely manner to meet customer needs.
3. Direct and supervise warehouse staff.
4. May be responsible for staff training and certification of competency.
5. Support NHQ efforts towards the purchasing of supplies, equipment and services.
6. Review effectiveness of operating procedures, maintenance, space utilization, and protection, training, and utilization of material handling equipment.
7. Manage inventory using system-wide standardized warehouse management software
8. May initiate and communicate a variety of personnel actions; e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
9. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Associates degree plus three years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year supervisory experience required. Experience in inventory management, warehousing or logistics required. Computer literacy, and familiarity with Microsoft products, inventory systems or other warehouse management software required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the region.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights