WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in October 2018, VOW for Girls is an innovative new social change initiative that aims to galvanize the public and socially conscious brands to raise awareness of and create funding to prevent and end the international child marriage crisis. Co-founded by global human rights activist Mabel van Oranje and Ford Foundation President Darren Walker, VOW seeks to create new and sustainable resources to support the 12 million girls’ futures at risk of child marriage each year. VOW is seeking a Finance & Operations Associate (reporting directly to the Head of Finance & Operations) to support the day-to-day operations and the creation of scalable, flexible systems that will support the VOW team and the organization’s growth.
- Own operational processes and assist with building the infrastructure that allows for smooth daily operations but is also crucial to scaling and growing the organization.
- Provide support in the recruitment and onboarding of new staff and interns.
- Assist with the accurate and timely compliance with city, state, and federal non-profit regulations; specifically charitable state registration renewals.
- Aid in the administration of the Salesforce CRM database, ensuring contacts, donor data, and donations are recorded and up to date.
- Provide scheduling and backup support for VOW’s leadership, as needed.
- Assist with various research projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Support grants, donor management, and donor reporting tasks.
- Oversee registration and maintenance of VOW’s presence on third-party fundraising platforms.
- Assist with providing documentation for the monthly financial close process, in partnership with the organization’s external accounting firm.
- Support organization of financial records and coordinate accounting records retention in accordance with organizational finance policies.
- Assist with the implementation of financial systems, on-time reporting for organizational expenses, and coordinate staff reporting of expense reimbursement.
- Adaptable and flexible with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
- Solutions-focused: able to analyze administrative, financial, and technical problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and driven to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to multi-task with a strong awareness and respect for deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- High ethical standards.
- Capable writer and communicator; ability to work well with a diverse group of people in a team setting and through virtual platforms.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from an early-stage startup to a global philanthropic initiative. You thrive in fast-paced, ambitious environments. You work hard and you have fun while you do it.
- You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights.
- Computer literacy, familiarity with Google Workspace product, Microsoft Office Suite, and Slack.
- Salesforce experience is required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States by the first day of employment.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent operational/ administrative experience.
- VOW offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Paid time off which includes 15 vacation days and 14 paid holidays, as well as personal and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family
- 401K match of 1% that vests immediately
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (available after 6 months of employment)
- Home office setup stipend
The salary range for this role is $60,000-$75,000. This range is for illustrative purposes only and salary offers are commensurate with experience.
VOW for Girls is based in New York City and will prioritize candidates who are based in NYC for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter, including a short summary of why you want to work for VOW and your desired compensation by Monday, February 14, 2022, to email@example.com with the subject line “Finance & Operations Associate.” VOW is committed to racial equity and social justice and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities to provide a wide range of perspectives, ideas, views, and insights into the strategy, policies, culture, and ambitions of VOW for Girls. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Administrative Support, Office Management, HR Systems Administration, Payroll and Benefits Administration