If you are energetic, self-motivated and enjoy working with others in a life-saving mission, the American Red Cross has an opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking an on-call Courier in Grand Island, NE.
Schedule: On-call Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Pay: $15.00 per hour, plus shift differential for evenings and weekends. Also eligible for daily on-call rate.
Courier Job Summary:
Provide for the delivery and return of blood products and materials to internal and external customers. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
1. Operate vehicle for the delivery of blood products and materials. Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
2. Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
3. Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements. Accurately maintain logs and reports for assigned runs.
4. Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees.
5. Maintain vehicle in a clean condition. May check fluid levels and gas vehicle.
6. Provide shipping and receiving support as directed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Up to 1 year of related experience. Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired. Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
Skills and Abilities: Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required. Ability to work on a team.
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving routes. May load or unload trucks and lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive throughout the region. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights