WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
The American Red Cross is currently looking for a full-time Regional Program Specialist Non-Mobile to support the Services to the Armed Forces and International Services Division programs at Camp Schwab, Okinawa and will also serve as the point of contact for Camp Hansen and Camp Courtney. Hours are 08:00 – 16:30. (8am – 4:30 pm). This position will require some after hours and weekend hours for special events. You may also be called upon to provide immediate assistance in the event of a disaster. Must have SOFA status and reside in Okinawa.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The SAF Regional Program Specialist supports the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families located on military base(s) in and around Iwakuni, in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through working with volunteers and other Red Cross departments to support strong visibility for SAF programs within the community.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
1. Relationship Management Support and Community Outreach: Supports building relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management Support: Supports a volunteer program to meet the workforce model and to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Assists in the supervision of volunteer staff. Works closely with Regional Volunteer Services to develop and implement strategic regional SAF volunteer program. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports the other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response, and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include use of case management system, presenting briefings, collection of data, providing needed materials, and outreach within the community.
4. Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, however equivalent combination of relevant experience and education will be accepted in lieu of degree.
Experience: A minimum of three years related experience is required. A current, valid driver's license with good driving record is required.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
* Medical, Dental Vision plans
* Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
* PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and tenure
* Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays and five floating holidays
* 401K with 5% match
* Paid Family Leave
* Employee Assistance
* Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
* Service Awards and recognition
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights