In this role, you will provide daily, hands-on supervision and problem solving support to the dried bouquet receiving and production team, ensuring quality control processes are followed and that inventory quality from our vendors is upheld to UrbanStems’ standards. Additionally, while providing hands-on oversight of our dried product lines, this role will ensure that the quality programs for our Floral & Non-Floral categories continue to grow in the right direction by providing managerial support to our Quality Control Lead.
The Quality Control & Production Supervisor will also support the product and supply chain management functions, enhancing the customer experience by providing technical guidance on product offerings and quality improvement opportunities.
- Direct team and provide support where needed to ensure daily production schedules are met for the dried product line
- Receive and quality check inbound products against dried product spec documentation
- Collaborate with the Quality Associates & Warehouse Managers on defining weekly receiving and production schedules, defining correlating labor needs based on forecasted weekly volumes
- Train and monitor production line employees to maintain production quotas
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop and implement effective quality control processes
- Devise and review specifications for new products or processes, including stem level QC specifications based on feedback from designer, SCM, and vendors
- Maintain record-keeping, including daily updating of quality control summary databases and yield rates for production
- Work with Category Manager to upkeep the supplier control program, documents and records
- Regularly review vendor performance with the product and supply chain teams, providing guidance on corrective action for underperforming vendors
- Partner with product to identify and test new consumer products or floral care technologies
- Actively participate in process improvement; assist in the ongoing development, documentation and execution of processing and quality control procedures
- Manage and provide guidance to the Floral & Non-Floral Quality Leads, ensuring their roles and responsibilities are actively completed per schedule
- 1-2 years of floral experience in a leadership role
- Empathy, patience, and attention to detail are your personal touchstones
- You have an insatiable curiosity; you're ready to learn about new bouquet designs and the stems that go in them
- Ability to lead a team of ops associates to efficiently mass produce our dried bouquets; able to train ops associates with dried bouquets
- You’re a data-driven problem solver; you see patterns and like to dig into the data to find the why
- Organized and detail focused; you can juggle multiple tasks with ease, pay close attention to detail at every turn, and plan ahead
- You collaborate and communicate well across a fast-moving and dynamic organization
- Background in Excel/Google Sheets
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.