UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for an Operations Engineering Manager to join our growing team. Due to our explosive growth ahead, and a heavy focus on future operational expansion, this role is extremely critical to the success of the company. Our ideal candidate will have an industrial engineering background, and will be at ease working cross functionally with multiple teams throughout the organization, such as Fulfillment, Delivery, Ecommerce, and Supply Chain.
- Collaborate with the Fulfillment and Delivery teams to ensure all customer key performance metrics and objectives are achieved, as well as with the Ecommerce team to ensure 100% alignment with respect to sales forecasts and goals
- Provide recommendations on moving volume between Fulfillment Centers based on operational and capacity constraints to meet the demand plan while optimizing operational and shipping costs
- Manage the efficient use of resources across all UrbanStems facilities, including our Hyattsville Hub, Washington, D.C. Same Day FC, Manhattan Same Day FC, and Brooklyn Same Day FC
- Ensure all FC’s are following prescribed operational methods that are documented via SOPs that drive standardization across the network
- Assist the Director of Fulfillment and Head of Delivery Operations in evaluating the current state of each FC operation, in the performance of weekly/monthly cost analysis based on the the established operating plans, and in the buildout of a daily, weekly and monthly operating plan that is aligned with forecasted sales goals
- Develop major holiday capacity and contingency plans, and strive to identify inherent risks to these plans by analyzing operating and shipping costs
- Develop capacity planning targets that focus on maximizing the capacity of each UrbanStems FC to drive efficiency and profitability by aligning sales forecasts with fulfillment/delivery capacity
- Perform periodic Supply Chain Network Opportunity Assessments to analyze the structure, cost, and performance of metrics
- Work with FedEx to analyze data and find opportunities in savings
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related degree preferred, with several years experience in a Supply Chain or Operations Management role desirable
- Highly analytical with the ability to develop canned and ad hoc reports to drive desired performance and goals
- Advanced proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Must possess an impeccable attention to detail with strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects, problem solve and quickly adapt in an evolving environment
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.