Are you passionate about building a more just society by empowering Latinas to lead? Do you seek an
environment that encourages everyone to grow to their fullest potential? Are you a people person with
strong attention to detail? Join the Adelante Mujeres family and become part of a growing organization
providing award-winning programming and holistic services to more than 9,000 Latina women and children annually in Oregon. Adelante Mujeres means "women rise up" and the women and girls in our program are doing just that. With your help, we can build the next generation of Latina leaders. Located in Forest Grove, Oregon and founded in 2002, Adelante Mujeres is known for innovative responses to community concerns.
We are seeking a full-time bilingual community organizer to further strengthen the agency’s leadership
development and advocacy efforts in Washington County and with our partners at Metro Regional
Government. The Community Organizer will work closely with the BIPOC and Latinx immigrant community to support leadership development and champion engagement in decision making, legislative campaigns and grassroots community organizing. The Community Organizer designs, implements, and facilitates culturally inclusive leadership training focusing on environmental justice. In addition, the Community Organizer works together with the Leadership and Advocacy Department team to enhance leadership development across Adelante Mujeres, particularly related to the environment, garbage and recycling. The Community Organizer will work closely with grassroots groups, coalitions, governmental entities, elected officials, and Adelante Mujeres staff, and reports to the Director of Leadership and Advocacy.
• Listens deeply to community members regarding issues of concern, captures community priorities and supports community-led initiatives.
• Develops and facilitates successful leadership and organizing efforts such as trainings, mentorship
initiatives, and grassroots campaigns; ensures effective outreach for strong participation.
• Supports the creation of culturally appropriate educational and outreach materials (including curricula,
presentations, flyers, brochures, social media posts) to further leadership development, grassroots
empowerment, civic engagement, and political change.
• Provides group and one-on-one accompaniment to strengthen relationships, provide mentorship and
support participants’ civic engagement goals.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships with partners in support of Adelante Mujeres’
leadership and advocacy work.
• Coordinates, recruits and facilitates a leadership advisory committee composed of community members and alumni participants.
• Provides clear analysis and recommendations on policy and advocacy.
• Assists in writing program-related grant proposals and leads in creating program reports; meets with
foundation officers and grant related cohorts.
• Maintains record of community engagement in environmental, garbage and recycling by updating
database and creating other records as needed.
• Supports the Leadership and Advocacy Team in strategic planning and execution of policy agenda.
• Supervises and supports volunteers, interns, and alumni.
We recognize that there are multiple expressions of professional readiness. When we review applications, we take a comprehensive look at each applicant. Our goal is to assess your unique strengths. The ideal candidate has many of the following skills and experience:
• A passionate commitment to the goals and mission of Adelante Mujeres and support for immigrant
and BIPOC communities.
• Two to three years’ experience in leadership and community grassroots organizing or similar work.
• Experience in coalition-building, including the ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships.
• Effective popular education facilitation and training skills to guide participants and support
grassroots leadership development.
• Committed to education, social justice, women’s empowerment and the environment.
• Undergraduate degree in relevant Leadership, Environmental, and/or Advocacy/Organizing field.
• Fully Bilingual-Spanish/English with a DEI and culturally responsive lens.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, CANVA, Survey Monkey and Google software.
• COVID-19 vaccine required except for religious or medical accommodation.
• Complete Criminal Background Check.
• Possess current driver’s license and auto insurance coverage.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• Salary range: $46,000 - $51,000 depending on qualifications.
• Classification: Full-time, Exempt.
• Telework: Primarily during pandemic, up to 50% after pandemic.
• Benefits: Health, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability, 401K pension plan,life insurance,
professional development opportunities, paid leave of absence, paid holidays (12.5 days annually), sick
days (up to 12 annually) and vacation per year (20 days years one through five, 25 days after five years).
• Opportunity for broad and impactful work with a visionary, growing organization.
Please complete a job application or submit the following material electronically (PDFpreferred) to
email@example.com (no phone calls, please):
• A one-page cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience and interest in theposition and
• A resume detailing relevant experience, qualifications, work history, education and
• Three professional references may be requested later in the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Adelante Mujeres. We will be contacting the applicants whose applications indicate a strong combination of relevant experience and qualifications and skills.