Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is seeking a Project Liaison to support the Product Owner and Lead Project Manager on the Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS) Modernization Project by coordinating project activities under critical and firm timelines. As the Project Liaison, you will have frequent contact with Project Staff, help facilitate meetings, document project activities and provide input and recommendations on plans and deliverables.
Your role as Project Liaison
- Coordinate between interface partners, vendors and the business to facilitate multi-agency interdisciplinary teams to identify time frame, funding, methods for accomplishing project deliverables, and allotments of available resources to project phases.
- Assist Product Owner in administration of project contracts; review and recommend approval for contract deliverables.
- Liaise between the internal and external stakeholders and the system development staff in facilitating work sessions to gather input, business requirements and enhancements for system development.
- Work with external agencies to understand other projects impacts to the JJIS Modernization Project, work with Project Manager and Product Owner to determine integration into the Modernization Project.
- Work with the Product Owner and vendors to inform and track progress toward deliverable completion, approvals, artifact and project timelines.
- Serve as a Scrum Master to liaise with Vendor Scrum Master and lead internal OYA Development Team and Product Owner in scrum/agile methodology.
- Review and make recommendations for documentation, and project artifacts related to the adoption of JJIS Modernization.
- Work with the Product Owner to coach business leaders and enable them to articulate their function’s (i.e. people, process, technology etc.) needs and requirements to advance the JJIS Modernization Project.
- Prepare meeting materials, record meeting minutes, assign actionable work and document outcomes of various meetings for JJIS Modernization Project work.
- Maintains a project budget worksheet.
- Ensure the execution of a comprehensive communications plan.
- Develop and conduct project presentations for stakeholders, executive teams, and county agencies.
- Coordinate scheduling stakeholder meetings, take meeting minutes, develop meeting materials and members of meeting activities.
- Limited Duration: This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before June 30, 2025. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service.
- Open Until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for 12/27/21 at 8:30am, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Telecommute/Remote Work: This position is eligible for full-time or part-time (flexible) telecommute. This position is based at our Central Office in Salem, Oregon and will be required to come in to the office on an as needed basis.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
At OYA, diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words on a page. To meet our mission and live our values as an agency, DEI must be at the heart of all we do. We support cultural competence, develop teams and cultivate leaders in ways that are equitable to everyone, especially people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, or those from other marginalized communities. We are explicit and intentional as we identify resources that all our youth and staff need to grow and prosper. Our DEI work connects closely with our culture of positive human development, with safe and supportive environments where everyone is held accountable and connected to their community. The end goal is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
If you are looking to join a team that values individual and cultural differences, with the opportunity to contribute to youth reformation by enriching our workforce with diversity, OYA wants to hear from you! People of color, women, and other members of historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Please take a moment to watch this quick video about Oregon Youth Authority, our team and our culture bit.ly/work4OYA. For more information please visit www.oregon.gov/oya.
What's in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the workplace is as valuable as it is inside the workplace. We offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules on most positions and a competitive benefits package, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan.
Discover more about working in Oregon state government by clicking here.
What We Are Looking For:
- Three years of progressively responsible paraprofessional or technical experience related to the series concept; OR
- An Oregon Project Management Associate Certification AND two years of progressively responsible experience related to the series; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field; OR
- A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
The State of Oregon requires all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer. For more information, visit our policy listed here.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA: If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, manage deadlines;
- Stakeholder outreach and development of broadcast communication;
- Experience working with technology-based projects following an agile methodology;
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently and within a group.
How to apply:
Please click on the link in this announcement or go to oregonjobs.org and search job announcement REQ-82124.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we are here to serve. OYA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be individualized based on merit, competence, performance, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.” The more diverse we are, the better our work will be.