Provides support, as a member of the Front Office & Communications team, for the priorities of the division director on a wide range of projects. Serves as Secretariat for S&R Division leadership teams and the Supervision Committee, and primary S&R contact for the Joint Committee of Board members and Reserve Bank presidents on supervision and regulation matters. Coordinates and contributes to division-related internal and external communications and internal briefing materials for external outreach activities. Participates in planning of division and System events and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the work of the Front Office & Communications team in serving as secretariat for S&R Division leadership teams and the Supervision Committee, which consists of, among others, the officer in charge of supervision at each Reserve Bank. Coordinates meeting logistics, and prepares agendas and post-meeting action plans. Recommends substantive and logistical improvements to Supervision Committee operations.
2. Serves as primary S&R contact, and possibly staff coordinator, for the Joint Committee of Board members and Reserve Bank presidents on supervision and regulation matters. Coordinates logistical arrangements and agenda planning with the staff of whichever Reserve Bank president chairs the committee, and with the office of the Board’s oversight governor.
3. Oversees and contributes to the preparation of briefing materials for governors and other senior officials for external outreach activities, congressional hearings, and press conferences. This includes working closely with staff in the Office of Board Members, Office of the Secretary, and others to analyze and understand requests, identify drafters, and coordinate responses involving multiple parties. This also involves tracking progress and resolving issues to meet tight deadlines.
4. Coordinates the development of prepared materials (including, for example, the supervision and regulation section of the Board’s Annual Report and briefing books for Governors) and division-related external publications and public website content. This includes working closely with the Board’s Public Affairs staff and others. Reviews content for responsiveness and appropriateness for the intended audience and works directly with authors to revise materials accordingly.
5. Coordinates with the Board’s Congressional Liaison Office on legislative review and congressional briefing requests.
6. Coordinates, or provides support and backup to team members in coordinating, the processes to respond to external correspondence requests directed to the Federal Reserve relating to supervision and regulation. This includes analyzing requests, identifying the appropriate subject matter expert to draft a response, coordinating drafts involving multiple parties (including senior officers and staff in S&R and other divisions), tracking progress, analyzing the responses received from subject matter experts, and resolving issues to meet deadlines.
7. Researches information pertinent to a specific request, such as general banking-related inquiries or inquiries submitted under the Freedom of Information Act or by the general public.
8. Leads, develops, coordinates, and implements communication plans and tactics to support S&R Division objectives. Prepares speeches and/or talking points and other presentation and communications materials for S&R division leadership, including division director and deputy directors. Participates in planning of division and System events as applicable. Contributes substantially to the planning and organization of the division’s town hall meetings, including recommending topics and preparing or coordinating materials and logistics.
9. Leads and contributes to initiatives and coordinates events to enhance S&R Division organizational health and culture.
10. Provides assistance to the Front Office & Communications manager and officer on the day-to-day operations of the front office, as needed.
11. Coordinates responses to other requests for information or ad hoc projects on matters related to supervision and regulation as needed.
12. Recommends and implements improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of front office processes and procedures.
Position Qualifications: This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Ability to use sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy is essential. Must be able to effectively and constructively with senior officials across the Federal Reserve System. Requires strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Requires sound organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Demonstrated experience in using standard word processing and spreadsheet software and other office application packages; and the ability to work well with authors, managers, and others. Knowledge of supervision and regulation, and the S&R Division’s processes and workflows, is highly preferred. Knowledge of the Federal Reserve and understanding of the roles and functios of other divisions (FR-27) or a minimum of six years of related experience (FR-28)
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in the following areas:
• Communications (written and oral), including ability to develop talking points and presentation materials for senior leaders and material for internal and external publications, and to communicate effectively and appropriately with senior leaders in the S&R Division, at the Board, and in the Federal Reserve System.
• Workflow coordination, including coordination of assignments and review of deliverables for governors and congressional and other external communications.
• Analysis, including regarding development of briefing materials for governors and other deliverables for external and internal communications, as well as subject matter knowledge of banking supervision and regulation.
• Project management, including excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively prioritize among multiple tasks and work effectively under tight deadlines, and ability to support forward planning for S&R Division leadership teams.
• Information management, including management of meeting agendas, materials, and action items for senior S&R Division leaders and discretion with handling of confidential/sensitive information.
Full vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exception applies.