Title: Compliance Associate
Department: Legal & Strategic Initiatives
Duration: 1 Year from Start Date
Reports to: Compliance Director
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (within the United States)
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: A
Salary Range (depending on experience): $50,420-$59,002
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Compliance Associate who will play a key role in assisting the Compliance Director with Federal Election Commission (FEC), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and various state compliance reporting for the LCV family of organizations through data entry and tracking of reportable activity, such as contributions and expenditures. The Compliance Associate will also provide administrative support to the Legal & Strategic Initiatives department. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage time well and balance multiple tasks, and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Assist the Compliance Director in performing data entry and tracking expenses, contributions, and other information required for FEC, IRS, and state compliance reports, using Microsoft Excel, Google sheets, and Wrike.
- Work with the Compliance Director to ensure LCV’s external compliance vendor has all required revenue and expenditure data for the preparation of campaign finance reports and help resolve any questions or issues.
- Maintain internal systems for tracking reportable activity as well as calendars to track when various reports are due.
- Communicate with staff across departments to stay up to date on electoral programs, obtaining all needed information on reportable activities, including contributions and electoral grants.
- Maintain a contributions database and tracker, and produce reports with respect to the organization's electoral grants and contributions impact.
- Assist Compliance Director in tracking and maintaining state and other corporate registrations annually, including charitable solicitation registrations, sales/use tax exemption certificates.
- Provide general administrative support to the Legal & Strategic Initiatives department, including but not limited to processing payment requests and budget/expense reports.
- Assist the Legal & Grants Associate with contracts and grants management procedures and systems, and serve as a resource about the processes and needs from LCV staff.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do that furthers equitable operations within the organization by maintaining processes with the goal that compliance and legal services are equitably and equally provided to all staff and programs requiring them.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required - Minimum of 1 year experience working in an administrative role. Preferred - Experience with campaign finance reporting or experience working in a nonprofit, political organization or campaign.
- Skills: Required - Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized; experienced with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets; strong research, writing and communication skills; critical thinker adept at problem solving. Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy. Preferred - Experience with Salesforce, NGPVAN EveryAction, and/or Wrike or other project management software.
- Cultural Competence: Shares a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The location of this position is flexible. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, through April 30, 2022.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Compliance Associate” in the subject line by April 18, 2022. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Protection-Conservation, Social Service, General-Other: Legal, Regulatory-Compliance Law