Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a entry level Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to support our Cascades Region. If you like to talk to people and make relationships in the community this is the perfect position. This is a full-time position and a valid driver's license is required.
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of broad based recruitment strategies to attract and identify Red Cross volunteers to effectively support Regional goals and mission critical activities.
- At the direction of the local leadership (Regional Volunteer Services Officer or Senior Recruitment Specialist): Utilize comprehensive recruitment strategies to meet assigned volunteer recruitment metrics identified through the Volunteer Needs Assessment. Emphasis placed on geography, skill sets, availability and leadership experience.
- Conduct face to face general and targeted recruiting activities to obtain volunteer applicants tracked to referral and approval.
- Support the development and ongoing refinement of the Regional Volunteer Recruitment Plan to include both in-person and digital strategies.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies/organizations, market segments, and populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs.
- Partner with assigned staff to strengthen existing relationships, and identify and evaluate prospective volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships within the Region.
- Assist in evaluating and modifying recruitment strategies based on lessons learned.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of all potential and actual volunteer leads through the appropriate volunteer tracking tool.
- Produce monthly volunteer activity status reports as directed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- *Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
- Experience: Minimum three to five years related experience required.
- Skills & Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong training and presentation skills. Interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels. Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively are required. Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner is preferred.
- Other Skills: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- May involve travel. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights