Work for an organization where your career is a force for good! We are seeking a visionary fundraiser who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our partners and serve our mission. This position has the flexibility to work from a home office location. 51% of its responsibilities will be done from home and 49% are to be done from the office/field. Candidates can work anywhere in the Northwest Region of American Red Cross (Seattle, WA) or its surrounding counties.
Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective corporate donors in expanding their financial support of the work of the American Red Cross. Manage assigned portfolio of corporate donors, sponsors and prospects to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue a goals. As required, serve as operational resource to team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
1. Develop and execute ongoing Regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
2. Manage assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks such as cause-related marketing activations. Solicit assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Serve as mentor/informal leader to team members and operational resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
3. Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $10,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Work with leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate appropriate donors and partner with assigned Gift Planning staff to solicit giving prospects among identified donors. Update donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
4. Develop ongoing relationships, cultivate, solicit and steward support of major donors from individuals, corporations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within the region. Support volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society as a key program. Assist corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement. Articulate Red Cross programs, listen to corporations’ needs and align programs to their interests. Prepare grant proposals, and engage foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
5. Participate in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. May oversee and have responsibility for staff development.
6. Recruit, develop and work with field staff and volunteers.
Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying subject matter knowledge. Knowledge based acquired from several years of experience in particular area. Work independently and may instruct or coach other professionals.
What you will need:
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of sales and/or fundraising experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests, including cause-related marketing is required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Management Experience: N/a
Skills & Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Frequent travel within the Region required. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Overall mobility is essential. May also include driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
What’s in it for you:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
Medical, Dental Vision plans
Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
PTO + Holidays
401K with 4% match
Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
Service Awards and recognition
Pay for Performance
Compensation: The salary range for this position is based on experience ranging from $80-85K annual salary, plus a potential for an annual incentive based on the team fundraising goals. The incentive ranges from 3.75%-11.25% of your base salary.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights