Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Fulfillment Optimization team builds the platforms that determine how customer orders are fulfilled, optimizing for Wayfair profitability and customer delight. A big part of our work revolves around enhancing and scaling customer-facing platforms that provide fulfillment information on our websites, starting at the top of the customer funnel on the search pages all the way through orders being delivered. Throughout this customer journey, we are responsible for maintaining an accurate representation of our dynamic supply chain, determining how different products will fit into boxes, predicting how these boxes will flow through warehouses and trucks, and ultimately surfacing the information our customers need to inform their decision and the details our suppliers and carriers require to successfully execute on the promises made to our customers. We do all of this in milliseconds, thousands of times per second.
What You Will Do:
- Provide engineering leadership for a team of 8+ software engineers responsible for enhancing and building new capabilities within fulfillment optimization.
- Develop deep domain expertise and partner closely with operations stakeholders to create technical services that improve visibility and flow of products through the Wayfair global network.
- Owns the delivery for the team ensuring that services and features are delivered on time and fulfill the defined business and technical requirements.
- Recommends improvements to processes and technology to drive better effectiveness of the team.
- Assists in the identification, analysis and resolution of the technical problems.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Provide technical design and code reviews for your team and across the broader Fulfillment Engineering organization.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers within our teams.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities
What You Will Need:
- Broad experience architecting and implementing highly available, distributed, data-intensive applications (7+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Experience leading engineering teams in a high paced, high impact environment.
- Broad experience with open source and cloud (GCP preferred) technologies.
- Track-record of technical leadership for teams following software development best practices (e.g. SOLID, TDD, GRASP, YAGNI, etc).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience building micro services including decoupling applications and services from monolithic systems.
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Grafana, etc.).
Location: (Can be flexible)
- Boston, MA
- Austin, TX
- Toronto, ON