Title: Events Coordinator, GiveGreen
Reports to: Vice President of GiveGreen
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC or New York, NY
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: B
Salary Range (depending on experience): $55,784-$65,439
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and best in class grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a GiveGreen Events Coordinator who will play a critical role in supporting the GiveGreen fundraising goals by coordinating a portfolio of fundraising events for candidates and working directly with donors and event hosts to raise money. GiveGreen is a collaboration between LCV Victory Fund and NRDC Action Votes. GiveGreen offers political donors a powerful, easy, and strategic way to support environmental candidates and accelerate action on climate change. The program has raised over $100 million for candidates since its inception. Some GiveGreen activities are also conducted by LCV Action Fund and NRDC Action Fund PAC.
- Develop a cycle long events plan to meet fundraising goals, and coordinate host and partner recruitment and stewardship strategies.
- Coordinate all aspects of candidate fundraising events, including maintaining an events calendar, working directly with campaign staff, coordinating logistics, developing solicitation materials and invites and creating event pages, tracking RSVPs and donations, developing program run of show, talking points, briefings, and thank you letters to hosts and guests.
- Serve as point of contact for event invitees, communicate with major donors and stakeholders in a timely manner. Provide support to Host Committees and share regular status updates with hosts and staff.
- Manage virtual and in-person event logistics, including running Zoom platform and working with production vendors and venues.
- Work with GiveGreen Marketing Manager to build event audiences and schedule email invitations.
- Work with political teams to identify fundraising priorities and advise donors; support donors in their individual fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate and provide support for donor summits and cultivation events.
- Help develop compelling marketing materials to build support for electing lawmakers who will solve the climate crisis, defend and strengthen our democracy, and confront racial injustice in policies at the federal and state level.
- Develop expert knowledge of the GiveGreen website; ensure donor satisfaction with donation platform and online giving tools.
- Test website functionality that relates to events and event pages.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Contribute to the organization’s racial justice and equity goals by working with donors, board members and the fundraising team to raise money for priority candidates who will advance climate and environmental justice policies.
- Work closely with the Legal and Compliance teams to ensure events, program activities, and materials are in compliance with campaign finance laws and regulations.
- Travel up to 10% for GiveGreen events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Provide support to other GiveGreen program projects, as needed, and support the team’s fundraising goals.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 2 years of work experience in a fundraising, administrative, or customer service role, including at least one cycle of political fundraising experience. Must have demonstrated experience coordinating projects and working with key stakeholders including major donors, board members, consultants, or organizational leadership.
- Preferred – Prior experience coordinating events for a campaign, non-profit organization, or association. Experience organizing data and lists, creating invitations and other marketing materials, coordinating virtual meetings or events using online platforms. Experience working with a donor database.
- Skills: Strong written and oral communications skills. Extremely well-organized and demonstrated strong project coordinator, attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once and work with multiple stakeholders. Must thrive and enjoy working in a fast paced setting while juggling competing priorities. Motivated to meet fundraising goals and produce results.
- Cultural Competence: Must have an interest in political fundraising and shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners, elected representatives and major donors, and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GiveGreen Events Coordinator” in the subject line by January 15, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.