Competitive Salary DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
James City County’s Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center seeks an individual to perform responsible work providing dental assistance, service, and care to patients in a primary care dental center.
- Provides patient care in all facets of a general dental practice.
- Takes history, vital statistics, and other objective data.
- Assists dentists with exams.
- Assists in the development of continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and clinical protocols and procedures.
- Plans and provides patient education and case management to ensure patient compliance with the plan of treatment; teaches health promotion, disease prevention and personal responsibility for care.
- Orders and restocks supplies
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in general clerical work in a medical or dental setting; experience as a dental assistant preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six weeks of employment a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Knowledge of dental health principles and practices, wellness concepts, and community resources; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to provide dental care; effectively communicate both orally and in writing; work independently and as a team member under pressure in a fast-paced clinic setting; establish and maintain effective working relationships with dentists, physicians, nurse practitioners, other coworkers, volunteers, and the public; and work and communicate effectively with persons of various multicultural and socioeconomic and education backgrounds.
Click here for full job description. Accepting application until filled. Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully completed application is required for your application to be considered.
Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov