Salary DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center seeks an individual to perform responsible work providing customer support in a medical center, including carrying out varied and complex procedural support within the context of a primary care center.
- Greets patients and visitors and directs them to appropriate services or source; answers telephone and email inquiries; takes messages as necessary and answers questions within context of policies and procedures.
- Checks patients in and out via computer; obtains and data enters pertinent patient information; maintains income eligibility and collects fees.
- Schedules appointments for medical services and patient referrals; maintains provider and office schedule as necessary.
- Prepares charts and maintains clerical documentation; maintains filing system; duplicates documents to be transferred with patients.
- Provides instruction and guidance to new volunteers and employees as needed.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some general clerical experience preferably in a medical setting.
- Must possess reliable transportation to work site(s).
- A cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification from the American Red Cross is preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment, and administrative support techniques in a medical setting; medical terminology and telephone triage; grammar, punctuation, spelling, and arithmetic; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and use electronic medical record system for patient data entry and management; work independently; establish and maintain effective working relationships with doctors, nurses, coworkers, volunteers, and the public; work under pressure in a fast-paced clinic setting; work and communicate effectively with persons of multicultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until position is filled. Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully completed application is required for your application to be considered.
Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov