Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Will support the development of logistic strategies, processes, and identify, analyze, and implement (as applicable) opportunities for improving the company’s supply and service relationships with suppliers/carriers/couriers and business partners.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
- Develop logistics strategy and processes for lines of business
- In-depth knowledge of Freight & Transportation, Warehousing, and/or Fleet with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in Logistics, Freight, Fleet, and or Warehousing and project management
- Find cost savings and operational solutions to challenges in Logistics
- Utilize lean, six sigma, and other methodologies to develop solutions and process improvements
- Coding as needed
- Support Logistics Operations through analysis, project management, and problem solving
- Design, develop, recommend and validate methods and tools that improve operational flexibility and execution of a Lean Logistics System and processes
- Work on and /or manage projects from the define/design stage through project approval and implementation.
- Ability to conduct network studies, route optimizations and in-depth analysis of shipping patterns.
- Brainstorming and finding alternative solutions that are out of the box and not status quo
- Work on projects aligned with Red Cross and business strategies; analyze improvement opportunities and potential results as directed
- Facilitate project implementation and training for internal Red Cross employees as well as suppliers as needed.
- Ability to process flow and document processes and future processes
- Ability to read and understand logistics pricing structures and contracts
- Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure program success as requested.
- Work on projects that will span new supplier implementations, volunteer initiatives, network studies and review and implementation of systems and tools to support the organization.
- Act as one of the business unit representatives of Logistics on projects
- The Logistics Engineer will facilitate the optimization of business unit and supplier performance by enhancing the alignment between current business, supply chain and supplier processes. Responsible for actively resolving needs of Logistics and departments with a focus on the analysis of processes, dissecting problems and suggesting solutions.
The salary range for this position is $90,000-$125,000.
Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineer, Business, related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum 5 to 7 years required
- Project work experience or internship
- Coding ability needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project is essential.
- Must have familiarity with different transportation modes
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent planning and organization skills, strong verbal and written communications skills and effective negotiating skills are required.
- Advanced computer (Microsoft office) skills using multiple applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Viso and Project.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and respond to deadlines is essential.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE:
- Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement experience a plus
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights