WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
The American Red Cross is seeking a Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for direct marketing tactic development and execution to recruit donors to mobile blood drives and donation centers. This individual will work with management to identify, develop and implement effective and productive marketing strategies for specific internal segments across multiple channels (email, SMS, direct mail, telerecruitment, app). The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and a strong content developer/writer with experience collaborating on graphic design.
What You Will Do:
* Design, develop and implement marketing tactics to support red blood cell product collections. This includes a strong focus on B2C channel marketing, especially email marketing, direct mail, SMS, voice (call center) and app push notifications, utilizing an internal database of existing blood donors.
* Collaborate with graphic designers, marketing operations, targeted marketing and other teams to execute tactics and programs from concept to delivery.
* Manage segment strategies in balance with other marketing programs and initiatives. Must be able to work through multiple processes and handoffs to effectively execute tactics in a timely fashion.
* Identify and implement effective and productive marketing strategies and tactics under Red Cross brand standards and biomedical messaging guidelines.
* Review and optimize audience segments, identify areas of opportunity for targeted messaging and report on campaign results.
* Use best practices, creativity, data analysis and knowledge of internal and external business issues to solve complex problems.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising, Business, or equivalent field required or combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Prior direct marketing experience strongly desired, especially in email marketing and direct mail.
Skills & Abilities: Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining operational and process initiatives in support of marketing activities is required. Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to assimilate information quickly, analyze problems and implement solutions required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Ability to work on a team.
Travel: May travel and participate in meetings throughout Red Cross system.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 5% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights